- Northstar Gold signed an option agreement to acquire 100% interest of the Searles property, June 8th, 2021, thereby consolidating control of the entire historic Vein 1 and Miller Independence Mine.
- The 64-hectare Searles Property, located 18 km southeast of Kirkland Lake, overlays the eastern segment of Vein 1 and a historic Miller Independence resource estimate.*
- The high-grade quartz-telluride Vein 1 Zone is a continuous, shallow, north dipping structure ranging in true widths from 0.5m to 24m, spanning a 1 km northeast strike length and extending over 1 km down dip to the northwest.
- The Searles Property constitutes the eastern portion of the historical Miller Independence resource estimate* (1987) of 0.73Mt grading 11.5 g/t Au** (for a total of 270,000 contained ounces of gold) on Vein 1 of the historic Miller Independence Mine.
- Historic diamond drilling (1987)* of Vein 1 intersections span a 330 metre strike length and include 96.0 g/t Au over 3m and 13.4 g/t Au over 2.3m at the west end, and 11.2 g/t Au over 2.4m at the east end.
- In 2021, 6 short drill holes totalling 365m (S21-01 to S21-06) were drilled on the Searles Property by Northstar, including 4 twins of historic holes from the previous historic estimate. While 2021 drilling provides evidence that the Vein 1 hosts anomalous gold over a very broad area along strike and down dip, drill results failed to confirm twinned historic 1987-88 assay results. The nugget effect is very pronounced in No.1 Vein and larger diameter core is required to adequately assess gold grade. Assay results included 2 g/t Au over 5.0m (S21-01) and 6.12 g/t Au over 1.3m (S21-06).
- Also, in 2021 Northstar stripped, geologically mapped and channel sampled 3 areas of Vein 1 on the Searles Property. Channel samples included 4.04 g/t Au over 6.0m and 21.10 g/t Au over 1.3m. Grab samples included 57.30 g/t Au, 103.0 g/t Au and 16.25 g/t Au.
For more details on the Searles Property, watch our Proactive Interview.
*Ontario Ministry of Northern Development and Mines Assessment report # OM87-6-L-239: AFRI file 32D04SW0265 "Mining and Geological Report on the 1987 Nortek Exploration Program" by Gordon B. French, President of French & Associates Inc., Highway 112, Tarzwell, Ontario.
A Qualified Person has not done sufficient work to classify this historical estimate as a current mineral resource and the Company is not treating this historical estimate as a current mineral resource. The historical estimate cannot be fully verified. These values cannot and should not be relied upon and are only referred to herein as an indication of previously defined gold mineralization. In order to verify the estimate and to upgrade to NI 43-101 compliant categories, the historical area would need to be re-drilled with updated sampling procedures put in place.